No matter whether you are starting on a residential project or a commercial one, the usage of timber posts in Melbourne during the project is quite significant. Every other construction company uses timber in their construction projects for a number of reasons. From building pergolas to window frames and wardrobes, timber is used for a variety of things. However, as with every type of wood, timber posts also come with a few advantages and disadvantages.
As timber is usually used to build long-lasting and beautiful structures, it offers numerous other benefits as well. Here are a few of them:
- Timber posts are not very hard to find and acquire. They are readily available at reasonable prices. As they are used in a lot of forms of building and construction, you can find various types of timber posts as well. You can choose the color and the quality that suits your needs the best. Moreover, if your budget is tight and you don’t afford to buy brand new timber posts, you can also get recycled timber and it will work just as well as new timber.
- Timber posts are very safe to use because timber comes from natural sources and doesn’t trigger any allergic reactions in people who have asthma or such other breathing issues. Using them for woodwork keeps the environment healthy and well-maintained.
- Due to the reliability, light texture and density of this wood, it is quite easy to work with. you can easily cut it and mold it into different shapes and can make almost anything out of these posts. No matter what size or shape you require, you can always rely on timber posts for giving you exactly what you want. Also, when you use timber with other construction materials like steel and concrete, it brings out the beauty of those materials as well.
- If you want to do decking or want to use wood for outdoor purposes, then you will find timber to be the best option. It doesn’t corrode so your outdoor structures will not get damaged for a number of years.
- Although timber doesn’t corrode it definitely gets affected by the climate changes. Due to the change in weather conditions, timber also gets shrunk and it swells.
- Also, if you are using timber for pergolas or decking, then fungi and algae are the problems that you will have to deal with. If something like that starts to grow on the wooden structure, then you will have to get treatments for the timber as well.
- Maintenance of timber is not as cheap as you think it is. You will have to get it polished and cleaned every few months in order for it to shine. Otherwise, the beauty of the wood will fade away. On the other hand, there are a lot of other wood options that do not require as aggressive maintenance as timber.
Therefore, if you want to use timber in your next building project, you should weigh these advantages and disadvantages first.