Whether it is the exterior or interior of your home sweet home, it is not an easy task to get it painted economically. No doubt it is one of the most necessary yet complicated jobs a homeowner can take on if it is his or her first time. Also, never try to do it all on your own as it is very very cumbersome and nearly impossible. No matter whether you want to increase the value of your home, want to give it a new look before putting it on sale, or just want to keep it standing up against the brutal climate of New South Wales, the following tips devised by our experts would help you a lot while hiring a painter in Thornleigh.
- Where to look for a Good Painter?
Like all other manpower job search, the best way to start a search for a good and reliable painter is by asking about it in your neighbourhood, close acquaintances, family or friends. In this regard always try to consult people who would tell you the truth. Other reliable sources may include local paint supply stores, contractors, real estate companies or even agents can help you a lot. All that effort will help you guess about the reputation of the contractor you are considering to hire for the job.
- How to Hire a Good Painter?
1) First of all, you must make sure that the painter or painting company you are going to hire has an up to date contractors’ license for that specific area in which you are residing. For instance, if you are hiring a painter in Thornleigh, he must have a license which is applicable here.
2) It will be wise enough to ask for two or more past references of customers that can inform you about the service quality of the specific company or painter you are going to hire. If possible, you should meet them in person and visit their place to get an idea about the kind of services they had from your contractor.
3) You should keep in mind that you need a painter who has done this sort of job before, never trust a guy who has just done that job once or twice. For that purpose, you can frankly ask the contractor about his prior experience and also how long he has been in that business.
4) Always try to get at least two or three extra quotes or bids from different companies. This act will probably help you save some money especially when you going to do it for the first time.
5) Try to get a relatively flat rate estimate so that you have a rough estimate of the total sum you will have to pay.
We hope that with the help of all the above tips you would be able to hire a good and reliable painter for your home sweet home.